Let's all be honest here. We install a lot of apps, but we don't actually use a lot of apps. I'm making a list of apps that I actually use on my Nexus One.
- Google Maps – Hells yes. This gets used pretty much every day. Especially useful with calendar integration to get me to the right location on time.
- PdaNet – This app allows you to tether your Nexus to the computer for some hot 3g action. Totally useful if you don't feel like getting yet another device / USB dongle for on the go access. I did try to pay for the pro version, but haven't received my license yet.
- Remember the Milk – Or as the geeks like to call it, RTM. I paid for a year subscription just so I can have the pretty Android app all integrated and cozy with my calendar.
- Advanced Task Killer – It's kind of like Ghostface Killa, but without the hip hop. This is a must-have to help you extend your battery life.
- Spotify – Offline playlists? Yes, please.
- Seesmic – Multiple twitter accounts and notifications.
- Stitcher and NPR News – Podcasts personalised for me. Thanks.
- Calling Card Pro – Use this one for my Skype to Go calls.
- Google Voice – Seamless integration as an alternative to Skype to Go calls – for international dialling without getting raped.
- Shapewriter – Amazing keyboard replacement. Seriously. The best app ever.
Other apps that I might like, but don't exist?
Hulu, Blackberry Messenger for Android (yeah, yeah, I know), Amazon Kindle for Android and a flickr client that doesn't suck.