It is boiling hot in London right now. Stiffling heat really. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining about it. I lived through the crap winter just to get to this point. But now I am sitting in my living room trying not to move too much in a languid daze thinking of ways to beat the heat.
I have a few tricks that I use when the summer months kick in and there is no air con to keep me cool. Figured I’d share them here…
1) Don’t own a hairless cat whose skin temperature reaches to what feels like 130 degrees. Particularly one that seems to pay no attention to the heat and insists upon sitting next to you and sharing his warmth.
2) Buy a gigantic rotating fan. Set it on stationary on level 3 pointed right at your head.
3) Wet a towel with cold water and lay it over your hotter bits. It is like heaven when the fan hits you (which it should be if you have done step 2 correctly).
4) Buy some Ben and Jerry’s ice cream sandwiches from the corner shop and enjoy.
5) Take naps frequently.
6) Make a giant jug of Pimms using all the ice in the freezer. Sit back and enjoy.
To get you started:
Stephanie’s Ultimate Pimms Recipe
1 bottle of Pimms
1 bottle of Sainsbury Lemonade
4 shots of vodka
1 box of British strawberries
Package of mint
1 giant bag of ice
Mix everything together in a stolen jug from the pub downstairs. Pour into thick purple glass and drink. Feel the refreshment!