Recent reports about iPhone app usage suggest that people love to download, but rarely actually use the stuff that they purchase. I tend to agree with this as I delete useless apps or don’t even bother playing with them after 1-2 times.
That is why I have compiled a list of my favourite iPhone apps. The ones that I actually use on a somewhat regular basis:
1) Stitcher – I love this for my news radio feeds. Great to listen to on the way to work.
2) Tube Status – Great to check what is going on with the unpredictable London underground
3) iTimeZone – This is one of the best things when dealing with folks from all over the world. A God send.
4) Tiny Freecell & Solebon – Who doesn’t love a good game of Freecell & Solitaire?
5) Taxi Magic – The greatest app of all time that has saved my ass from taxi-less hell in Austin and San Francisco. Genius!
6) TwitterFon – I tried at least 3 paid Twitter apps, but this free one kicks their asses.
7) ZumoDrive – I have extended the storage constraints of my 8Gig iPhone by 1 million fold and can even listen to all my music.
8) Last.fm – I think that this app could be better if I updated my last.fm scrobble, but still good in a pinch.
I wish I could come up with a list of 10 apps that I use frequently. But there just aren’t that many useful apps out there.
Anyone have any great apps to share? I’d love to hear about them!